Saturday, March 24, 2018

#MarchForOurLives has changed me

You will not be surprised to hear that the last year+ has been hard for me and anyone who can see the obvious in front of them ... Trump is corrupt, lying, money-laundering, racist AND he is our president. And since last November I have spent every minute reading every story, article, watching every video to figure out what is going on in our government. I admit, I am scared to death. What scares me more than anything is that 33% of Americans believe Trump has been chosen by God to lead our country? That I have severed relationships with family and friends who think Trump is a good choice for President. I will not be convinced that he has one ounce of good in him, I will not try to "listen the the right's point of view" in this matter. 

I understand why many people are upset about out economy. God knows, David and I work our asses off to try and stay relevant and technologically up to date in an ever-changing work force. We moved to find jobs. We left places we loved to find a job. So yes, we know how hard it is to make a living. But that did not stop us from giving it our best shot. 

I have been living on the edge for a year trying to figure out how folks can NOT see what he is. It is like being in mourning, I don't really want to laugh at jokes or watch something funny. I want to be as real as possible and keep my eyes open for every second, this shit show we call the Trump presidency changes players and gets closer to nuclear war, deregulating our environment back 40 years, bringing hatred and racism back to the forefront of our culture.

Putin has Trump in his pocket, that much is obvious. Who knows how long this joke will go on but we know we have at least until 2020 to suffer through it.

BUT today, I have felt lifted higher than I can remember. To watch these kids... these smart, articulate, passionate kids stand up for their right to be safe in their class rooms is almost more than my heart can bear. Last month I felt I was losing hope for the future and today I am FULL OF HOPE their future! So as I wipe tears from my eyes, I can say, tomorrow I will wake up and fill so much better than yesterday. And those politicians not paying attention will be out of a job very soon.


3 comments:

Joanne S said...

Yes, Yes, and another Yes.

My friend said, for her it was the young man who stated "The revolution starts now".
finally--

phlegmfatale said...

I have been unhappy with who we have had in Presidential office most of my adult life. I would never in a million years have believed Trump would be elected, but now he is what we are stuck with. Given his own history of predation, I was horrified by the idea of Bill being that close to the seat of power again, so to me, choosing to vote was like trying to pick up a turd by the clean end. Most decent and qualified candidates would never put themselves and their families through the meatgrinder of public scrutiny, so I really wonder if we will ever have a decent field of candidates again from which to choose?

I am sad that you have felt such despair, and I am glad that you have found hope and encouragement. :)

CLADING2222 said...

تقدم ارخص شركات نقل الاثاث بالقاهرة خدمات مميزة منها :

تركيب وتجميع الأثاث: بعد تفريغ الأثاث في الموقع الجديد، تقدم الشركات خدمات تركيب وتجميع الأثاث مرة أخرى في المواقع المحددة بشكل صحيح ومنظم.

توفير المعدات اللازمة: تقوم الشركات بتوفير جميع المعدات والأدوات اللازمة لعملية النقل بما في ذلك الحبال، والأغطية الواقية، والأدوات اللازمة للرفع والحمل بشكل آمن.