Saturday, November 26, 2016

Mary Bauermeister

Sometimes I feel like I have "seen it all" because I have been on the internet, looking for art and artist and trends for so many years. But I found someone new (to me) today!  

Mary Bauermeister: "In her early work and after her move to New York in 1962, Mary Bauermeister often worked with natural materials such as sand, stones, or honeycombs. She had been interested since childhood in the mathematical principles behind natural processes. Her use of natural objects, as well as other chance finds, distinguishes her from her American contemporaries, such as Robert Rauschenberg, who tended to incorporate urban discards in their work." 

You know me, I have lots of rock necklaces and they are more precious to me than a diamond necklace! So, of course, I would love Mary's rock art.




 

3 comments:

s'mee said...

Mercy. These are hypnotic! LOVE!

LindaSonia said...

My goodness, but that is some kind of awesomeness!!

Unknown said...

These are amazing. I would go nuts trying to do something like this. 😁