Sunday, April 22, 2012

Taking a break from taking a break

"Success is just a series of failures, followed by the one thing that worked." Quote from this interview

For Earth Day ... Fish Out of Water: Five Ocean Species We're Eating to Death. And I pledge to continue to not use so many chemicals in my yard. For instance ... I pour boiling water on my weeds and pull them up. I also use boiling water to clean out my clogged drains in the bathtub instead of chemicals. I  pledge to use less water, flush less ... "if it's yellow, let it mellow". Okay probably TMI. I have blogged this before, but worth doing it again in appreciation of Earth Day ... Clouds 365.

I have been incredibly busy this week. Trying to wrap up my contract gig. And this weekend looks to filled with work as well. Next month = vacation for my brain. For sure. 

I have been finding so many cool things, I must blog them.  

Customize your cover letter with the help of Lisa Taylor. Can definitely use this very soon.

Draw a stickman. Hysterical. 

Can't get enough of these animated gifs by Pasquale D'Silva.

Just so I always know where I am and what time it is anywhere in the world.  And another way I could spend my time learning, that is in addition to Lynda.com that I watch almost daily.

The Google Art Project.

PhotoSeed representing an evolving online record of this early fine-art photography movement, is a private archive with simple goals: beauty, truth, scholarship and enjoyment for all who visit. 

Found MadPattern the other day but did not have time to play with it until I work up at 2am and couldn't go back to sleep. It is brilliant. Adobe Illustrator templates that make making patterns fun and addictive! Here is my first one ... grab it and use it for a pattern. You can go to the gallery and click on "user contributed" and see it in real time. Anyway, if you are an Adobe Illustrator fan, you will simply adore these templates, oh, did I mention, free templates? Thank you, Matt Handler for making my night.


Also, free repeating backgrounds. And now to try and go back to sleep for a little while.


mad pattern

No comments: