Sunday, January 18, 2009

Saturday Gone

Saturday. I had big plans to do lots on my "to do" list. The last work week was a ball-buster. Inauguration preparations kept me at work for a couple of 14 hour days. Nobody realized Monday was a holiday because we were all so focused on the upcoming event. When I did realize Monday was a holiday and the possibility of key players being gone ... made me a little more concerned about getting everything finished by Friday. Of course, I will not be taking Monday off ... that is the problem with working for a news organization ... news happens whether it is a holiday or not.

I realized today since "the baby" came home on late Sunday afternoon, I have not spent an entire day with her. My week was leaving the house at 530a in the dark and arriving home at 730p in the dark, grabbing a glass of wine, probably too tired to eat and straight to bed. Only to be woken up by "baby" around 230a.

I arrived home Friday night to a house full of friends wanting to meet "the baby" ... and a little freelance last-minute-cleanup. So this morning I was in true need of downtime. After spending most of the morning looking after baby ... hauling in firewood, cleaning up a little, visiting with my friend ... by the time I looked at my "list" ... I was pretty much feeling like a nap. "The baby" and I have the same idea ... play and work hard, then take a nap! Which I did today, most of the afternoon.

Saturday gone now. On to Sunday to try and get something cleaned, done, Christmas mailed off, floors mopped ...something done! Two days off ... not enough time!

santa hat fun

sweet spot in the pillows

No comments: