Friday, November 14, 2008

Today Is Friday? What A Week

It has only been a week since elections and it feels like a year to me. I have hardly had a minute to savor this historic time in my life. Realizing the amount of hours and work that went into election preparations and now it is over. On to the next "news". Trying not to focus too much on the world economic melt-down but that is hard to do.

Last Friday we had a dinner party when Michelle and Trey and lots of other friends came to eat and visit.

Saturday Liz, Michelle and I explored University Village with time for a good visit and good food. Stopped by Salvage Studios where we found lots of paper goodies.

Sunday we headed north to check out Fort Casey on Whidbey Island, Deception Pass in the fog, search for rocks and stopped by Daiso at Alderwood Mall for Japanese goodies. (Japanese dollar store but better).

Michelle headed back to Texas in the wee hours of Monday morning and I to work. In the meantime mom had a stomach virus and has been really ill, not keeping any food down or up. On my way home Monday, M was stranded at school with a dead battery and I headed there to jump his car, then take it in for repair. (An alternator, back brakes and new battery later, we got it back the next day, but ouch!). The same day I realized my car tabs had expired and I was right there for omissions testing facility and decided to take care of that and pick up my tags. Since mom was down I did some grocery shopping. Home just in time to eat while I am heading to bed.

Tuesday, off to work, mom still really sick but she thought she was feeling better. I had a lunch appointment with previous design director which was very inspirational. Thanks! I really needed to know someone out there thinks I am "talented". I rarely feel I have any "worth" anymore. After work I enjoyed a two hour meeting with a financial planner. A root canal would have been more fun. Depressing. Rain and traffic arrived home just in time to tell M to finish up his homework and get to bed.

Wednesday ...2.5 hour hair appointment after work ... is probably a bad economic time to get addicted to a good hair cut/color. But decided I really needed it. Got home just in time to tell M to finish his homework and fall into bed.

Thursday ... seems Matt got the bug, took off to school, came home later sick. I also had a little episode before leaving for work. Thinking, please don't let the rest of us get this. Duct cleaners came over to tell us we would probably need a new furnace soon, could you have just waited to tell me that! It was actually scheduled for a $79.00 duct cleaning and ended up being a "furnace maintenance" which I had not ask for. They are on my list to call and note my concern about false advertisement. Arrived home to find mom weak, pale. Later that night she felt faint and I decide she needs to go to the emergency. There we spent most of the night. We are getting ready to head off to her regular doctor appointment soon. It scares me to see her so fragile. We had a laugh last night at the hospital that this must be a "Thanksgiving tradition" since this was about the same time last year we spent many days at the emergency room/hospital stay.

All of this does not take into account my work. I have several things I need to shoot today for work. My head is spinning. And I think I have the bug. So just a few links from me lately. Hoping things will calm down soon.

emergency room

No comments: