Sunday, December 02, 2007

Over-The-Top Jewelry

I have been thumbing through lots of waiting room magazines the last week. I have not looked at a Town & Country in a very long time but I was still astounded at the price of the jewelry advertised. Who buys all of this expensive jewelry? I mean someone must be or they would run those full page ads in magazines. That doesn't mean I don't think the rings are wonderful. But all of the pieces feel a little out-there, over the top. The other thing I noticed, it seems all of these high-priced jewelry sites need some real updating. They are are all slow, old-style web pages.

Casato rings, Gauthier, Charles Krypell, Monica Rich Kosannphoto jewelry. Blaze cut diamonds by Bez Ambar.

Suwa diamond bands. I like this (seen below), Orange Sapphire Blossom Ring by McTeigue & McClelland.



Simone Coste creates rings from sculptured translucent quartz (seen below) and they are stunning and stunningly expensive. Modern Jeweler blog.



Oh, look, Ivanka Trump is designing jewelry. She saves money by modeling it herself.

No comments: