Thursday, July 19, 2007

Illustration Friday -- Discovery

Remember when a box could become a house or a place to hide? We would make our son some elaborate houses with windows and opening doors from big cardboard boxes. When we were kids we would pile up in the back of a pickup truck on the dark of night and watch falling stars on a silent highway between Dallas and Alvarado. We would sit for hours and study the face of a grasshopper or how a tarantula would come in and out of the ground? These were times for discoveries ... and I miss them. Discover more at Illustration Friday.

IF_DIscoveries

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owwhh! Ur illo is really nice! I like how you draw the boy.

emilayusof said...

Nice illo, Kim! I surely missed the childhood.

carla said...

Your illustration really combines the different experiences in a lovely image. I too miss those childhood discoveries and times when things were very magical and imagination created so much out of so little. Lovely piece:>

Amy said...

I love this illustration, Kim! I miss those times too. It's a good thing we get to relive those moments through our kids...Molly just discovered that those things that move at the ends of her arms were her hands a few weeks ago and ever since she's been figuring out how to make them work to her advantage :).

Ursula Shaw said...

Great illustration!

Syd said...

"Wonder" Full.

Pickledog said...

Super illo!

Kim Carney said...

thank you so much. I do those so rarely anymore, that it seems I have forgotten my adobe commands keys!