Saturday, June 30, 2007

Music That Moves Me

I heard a piece about Stile Antico on NPR last night driving home. Etheral music. You can hear more here. After participating in the cd swap I have been considering all the music that moves me ... which spans many genres. But thinking about 16th century music makes me want to dig out my Gregorian Chant cds ... yes, I have more than one.

Yo Yo Ma plays Ennio Morricone and Bach. I can't listen to Ennio Morricone 's The Mission without crying. If you have never heard it, you need to. Forget all of your cares while listening to Bach - Air on the G String. Reinventing the cello -- Apocalyptica and their video on YouTube.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I win the lottery, I'm so going to buy myself one of every single Yoyo Ma CDs. I love him with a capital heart!