Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Quiet White

I love snow! The way snowflakes cling to tree limbs creating magnificent, magical structures. I could stand for hours and watch it falling, trying to catch one flake falling faster than another. It is mesmerizing ... then I realize I have to go back inside to work. On the drive home, looking out onto a white canvas of fun shapes, void of details. And the quiet! The only sound I could hear when I was outside just now was the sound was a distant ferry horn. Very distant. Muffled. Beautifull quiet. I wish it could snow all week (and I could stay home and watch it fall).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky you ! I love snow too, but snow doesn't love me !!! have you seen this pic ?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/curlytop/329671089/in/photostream/

jill said...

At first glance I thought the top photo was of someone's RED HAIR, brushed oh so smoothly... I had to enlarge it to really "get it." That is amazing... so sad for us here in Texas, no snow. Well, it did snow one day last week, but it wasn't anything nearly as beautiful as your snow...

ENJOY... but stay safe on the roads!!