Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I Had A Smelly Day

Since yesterday around 3 p.m., I have been feverishly cleaning. It all started with taking down Christmas. Then that moved right into sweeping, dusting, mopping, cleaning windows, vacuuming ... as Deborah says, it feels good to have a new, clean start. The house feels huge without the trees and lanterns in the dining room.

This morning I lit a candle mom bought me from Anthropologie, Aloha Orchid No. 3, the heavenly scent filled the entire house. I cleaned and cleaned ... you know only the truly clean room deserves a little squirt of one the last bottles of Pottery Barn "Cut Grass" room spray (why did they quick making this?) I used lemon furniture wax cleaning the bannister, even cleaned the newell post! I lit a very nice smelling fire. I cut and brought in a small sprig of Fragrant Sweetbox (Saracococca) for the kitchen.

With all of that done, I needed a bath with Batherapy. By now my entire body is aching from climbing ladders, hauling Christmas trees to the truck, stooping ... you know the drill. I read most of the Savuer's Favorite "100". There is nothing better than reading Vanity Fair cover to cover in a very hot bath. I don't really take baths anymore. Sathered myself with Miso Pretty Luxury body crean that Rita gave me, pure Peony luxury, for sure! Then splashed on some Sanborns Orange Blossom cologne.

We are hunkering down for another storm rolling in tonight. Snow predicted. So, I am off, to finish cleaning, do some work, have a glass of wine and go to bed! Mom took some photos while the sun was setting, peeking out from fierce-looking clouds - a weird color combination of grey and gold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodness you've actually seen snow this winter! Send some my way, i am patiently awaiting it! DEMETER makes a fresh cut grass scent that i swear smells exactly like it....all of their scents are just amazing. Happy New YEar!