Monday, December 04, 2006

Visiting By The Fire

My son did his homework in front of the fire, while I did the prelimary -- putting up the trees and digging all the boxes of ornaments out from underneath the stairs. He was asking me about why we have artificial trees now when he remembers having real ones. Laughing that we might have a sparse Christmas tree with just paper snow flakes and lights, so we would not have to dig all the boxes from under the stairs (the dreaded Christmas task).

We had a great conversation about all topics from girls, breaking up with girls, not breaking up with girls via text message (my strong suggestion to him), about tagging art, him designing T-shirts, artist, art galleries, tubes in London, the punk-rock movement when I lived there, him learning Adobe Illustrator and Flash, whether he is still interested in Paintballing, his new passion in music, my new passion and what I want to make, him wanting to help me design my logo (a tagged logo?) ....it was interesting, fun, revealing. All the while, me reminding him to finish his homework, even when I was distracting him with our delicious conversation. These are the precious moments with my son and I don't have enough of them. Have I ever mentioned what a wonderful son I have? ;)



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Times like this are precious indeed! Sounds wonderful.

Libra Moon said...

Life & Love... Walking Hand & Hand like Parent & Child. Amazing how we Nurture through Love & Insight no matter what age the Teacher is.

Enjoy the Day Kim!
Libra Moon

Deborah Boschert said...

I love reading this. Wonderful. (I detest the task of putting all the stuff away more than taking in out. I'm dreading it already.)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely evening and I bet he didn't mind the homework nagging too much either! Logan is already minding the homework nagging unless he is able to sit right next to me as he does his work. Of course we're not quite to the point of talking about girls and dating them and breaking up with them (thank goodness!). You're a lucky mom to have such a sweet teenaged son.

Anonymous said...

I remember those great conversations with my own son well, when he lived at home...they always happened when we were driving somewhere in the car together! Even though he's been on his own for 10 years now, I still treasure them...more than ever!