Saturday, July 08, 2006

Lavendar Mist Meadowrue

After my son's baseball game at Everett's Legion Park, we walked through the Evergreen Arboretum and I fell IN LOVE. Thalictrum rochebrunianum, lavender mist meadowrue everywhere! Leaves hanging in mid air with tiny purple flowers that had looked they were exploding like fireworks on the end of the branch. Must have several in my yard. I have a yellow variety, but it does not hold the glamour that the purple does. A better photo than mine here.

Lavendar Mist Meadowrue

4 comments:

turquoise cro said...

AHhhhh! Beauty all around us! My Rose of Sharon is starting to bloom today and my lil Magnolia tree seems to be blooming every so often! Hurray! for NATURE!!!and my birdies are really singing today! It must be a celebration of some sort for them today!!! lol

Kim Carney said...

Perfectly stated! I love rose of Sharon....have thought of getting, not sure where I would put it

phlegmfatale said...

EXQUISITE!

Anonymous said...

If you like the Meadow Rue, Heronswood Nursery has an outstanding variety called Thalictrum 'Black Stockings' with large flowers and chocolate brown stems, that you’ll love.