Sunday, July 09, 2006

Beautiful Sunday - 07.09

The simplest flower's complexity, that is beautiful. In my youth my Friday night may have included clothes shopping, meeting friends at a bar, a movie...now I swing by Top Food for milk and treat myself to cut flowers and a new Sweet Alyssum or double frilly petunia for the garden. How my thrills have changed. Summers in San Francisco I would visit the flower district every Saturday and buy a armload full of Stock and Tuberoses, two of my favorites. Fill my 700 square foot apartment with vases of flowers and feel like the richest girl in the world. More Beautiful Sunday on Flickr and my Beautful Sunday Flickr set.

Beautiful Sunday - 07.09

Flowers waiting for a new home

Stock

6 comments:

Paula Adams Perez said...

OK, Kim, you're freaking me out...I was just at Top 3 hours ago buying "Sky Blue" and "Midnight Blue" Lobelia!

I had a dream last night that you and I finally met up the the PNW NUTCRACKER with M. and Z. And they LIKED it. That really was a DREAM!! ;)

Janet said...

What beautiful flowers! I can sure relate to the changes as you mentioned. But change is good! I keep telling myself that!!

Colorsonmymind said...

I have Alyssum under one of my trees in the front yard-it grows there so beautifully-and just keeps reseeding itself.

turquoise cro said...

I LOVE vases of flowers too! I was just out planting some mums, petunias and more geraniums! Is it too late to plant my cosmos! I'll probably plant some tomorrow!

S'mee said...

here in the Mojave the only flowers I can really count on growing are my allysum, and they do! I love the perfume they send up, more so as the heat intensifies! Ahhh.

As for the house. Well, I learned a long time ago that wishing someone would bring you flowers each week was a job that fell to myself. So each week I do just that. I fill my vases with fresh goodies. Stock is one of my absolute favorites because fo the clove scent it brings throughout the family and living room. Wonderful!

terrific again!

Paula Adams Perez said...

My camera rots, so I'm going to record flowers my own way! Come see!