Friday, June 02, 2006

Tons of Tin

I have been searching for teas tins lately. Have found some nice ones at thrift stores. My mom has many wonderful ones she has had for years. English tea tin at Ruby Lane. Also Tobacco tins at Ruby Lane. There are so many sites that offer antique tin items at incredible prices. Don't you wish you had just kept everything!

Advertising tins and cans and antique tin wind up toys from Adamstown Antiqe Gallery, this one being my favorite. And more from Sporting collectibles.

Wicked Lady has the tindex from A to Z. I like this Anniversary tin and this Huntley & Palmers 1894 Indin motif biscuit tin.

Could use this Starched & Pressed reproduction metal sign from jack and friends for my laundry room.

And of course toyrs, lots of toys - Wind Up Tin Toy Animals and space toys. I love this Bucking Bronco from Antique Tin Toys and yes, little grasshopper.

How to make a Vintage Tin Charm Bracelet by Kathy Maurer. And the best for last - these wonderful Tin Can Angels by Elizabeth Frank.

3 comments:

vicci said...

Oh gosh YES...Kim....I wish I would have KEPT everything! I had the original Barbie....all those old metal lunch pails....the poodle skirt...the soda bottles...I could go on and on! If only we knew THEN what we KNOW now!!! (about that anyway)...

phlegmfatale said...

I got the coolest old coffee tin at a junk store in Arkansas 3 weeks ago. LOVE it. Has a genie guy in harem pants. Red. CUTE!

Tara's Art Camp said...

Oh, I jsut love those tin can angels!! Thank you for sharing.