Thursday, June 08, 2006

Hot Dogs

My poor little Scooter was buzzed cut down to his skin today at the groomers. Even his ears! I asked the guy to cut him close, boy, was there a miscommunication there. When I was talking to the groomer (okay, I use that term loosely) about Scooter's needs and watched his reaction I felt uncomfortable. When I drove away to work, I thought, "I should go back and get Scooter and take him home". I had a "feeling" this guy was terrible, and I did not listen to it. When will I take my intuitions seriously! I talked about trimming the INSIDE of his ears, and cutting him close, but NOT to the skin. His ususal groomer has been unavailable for over a month so I was desperate to get him trimmed. He is traumatized and I had to put his sweater on to keep him warm. My hot dog is a cold dog. My poor, sweet Scooter! (That white scar on his leg is where he had tendon surgery, on both legs...we call him our bionic dog).

Robert McClintock has a wonderful technique with his Dogs The He Knows. And these classic images of Dogs of Virtue by Tara McGovern (a must see). Art Paw and the Art Dog Blog.

Dog as Art, Ruth Kolman Brophy dog portraits, Crazy dog art by Jonathan Palmer, Pop ARF by Nathan Janes.

Making fun things out of Hot Dogs with instructions.

And in case you have missed these wonderful opportunity to see other people's furry loves: Dog in my bed flickr group, Dogs with attitude, My Dog can Fly and Dog Expressions.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you voice your dissatisfaction to the evil groomer?

Poor scooter. :(

I did that once at a hair salon I'd never gone to before. I was a desperate walk in, but I had a bad feeling about the stylist I was assigned to so I left without getting my hair cut. It was awkward, but whattheheck. Who knows, I might have ended up like Scooter.

Paula Adams Perez said...

Poor Scooter! I've had that happen too, when I took Gipper to A___. He would not even LOOK at me when I got him in the car, he was so mortified!! Now I take him to Poodle Place and I am happy with them. Plus, they only keep him for 1/2 a day. (Not that Scooter will need a trim for a LOOONNNNNG time!!)

Anonymous said...

Poor Scooter!
We've had experiences with bad groomers too. I also ignored the little voice that was telling me to grab my dog and run
It's such a bad feeling, to find out you were right.
I hope his fur grows back soon.

katie said...

ohhhh...poor scooter :-( He reminds me of my black cocker spaniel, daisy, what a sweetie he is!

thanks for your visit to my blog and your kind comment.

Tara's Art Camp said...

Oh poor scooter, he looks so tramatized. I think you should take the day off and and just hug him!

Anonymous said...

That is stunningly beautiful.
kim .dilinizi bilmiyorum ama resimlerin dili evrensel.sizi ilgiile takip ediyorum.sevgiler

www.blogcu.com/ONLARuyurken

Tara's Art Camp said...

Hey Kim,

(My emails don't get through to you so I'm writing you here),,,, do you know of a good visually heavy basic embroidery book for beginners? You are so good at research, tee hee..... I want to learn to make those little flowers, and dots, and leaves,,,, oooohhhh,,,,

Tara

kelly barton art + design said...

ohhh....scooter! our old yorkie was a victim of a local groomer too. after 3 trials of looking like a chemo patient - i called her quits! at first i thought it was me. but our friends took their dogs there and they were beautiful everytime they left the groomer. so i knew it was a coo

here's to your coat growing out quickly!

phlegmfatale said...

awww, poor old scootie! Has Pica been comforting him? I hope so, since Pica holds the reins to the universe.

Judy Wise said...

I hope you let the person who did this to Scooter hear about your displeasure. They can't learn to be better at their job without truthful feedback. It isn't being mean; maybe they really don't know.

I am so sorry for Scooter. He does look miserable.