Sunday, June 11, 2006

Beautiful Sunday - Heaven Scent

Beautiful Sunday. Summer and honeysuckle. In the heat of a Texas night it can be perfume for the soul. Here in Washington state, it is only in July and August that I really get the hint when I walk through the front gate where the honeysuckle and grapes have come together to form a natural arbor. I planted the honeysuckle directly under my son's second story bedroom window. I could imagine the warm summer night air heavy with the scent of honeysuckle floating into his room, hanging over his little head while he slept. There is a chickadee house hidden by the honeysuckle leaves and I envy them this time of year. I go out there at dusk, stick my nose right in the pollen ladened stamen, snort the perfume and my mouth can not help but form a smile. My Beautiful Sunday Flickr set and more Beautiful Sunday images here.

Heaven Scent for Beautiful Sunday - 060611

6 comments:

mayseek life said...

simple-elegant-magical...........

Colorsonmymind said...

The colors of the flower with the vase is awsome!

S'mee said...

This is not only a tribute to the loveliness of flowers, but to a mother; who thoughtfully planted them to benefit her son's dreams.

What a mom.

mbc said...

Honeysuckle has to be one of my favorite all-time summer scents. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Love Love Love Honeysuckle scent... !!

Anonymous said...

Yum, that is just lovely.
a.