Sunday, May 21, 2006

Then And Now

When you see an old friend, no time passes between you. You see the person as they were then and met the person they are now. Nancy and I were high school friends, life guards. Took scuba lessons together. She was one of the smartest girls in my class, held a job as a reporter at our local paper during her junior and senior years. We have kept in touch over the years and met up this weekend for her daughter's wedding. A wonderful affair. And the highlight was seeing her again.

Kim and Nancy then and now

Held on a small island, with trees and Puget Sound as the backdrop. Flip-flops being mandatory for the wedding party.

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

flip flops

4 comments:

Amy said...

I agree with Michelle. And the pictures from the wedding are gorgeous too.

Maureen said...

wonderful pics of such a great gathering and reunion with your friend. I love seeing the "then and now" of the two of you ... you are both more beautiful now than before. for sure.

flipflops are the best too! Yay for zories!

mayseek life said...

i think one of my favorite images are when past and present are shown together...i am filled with nostalgia and my imagination soars. the shots of the relationship in two moments of time are touching!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I loved this post. It made me truly appreciate my own girlfriends (especially my best friend) and look forward to having long friendships with them.

Such great photos.