Friday, April 07, 2006

The Crazy Artist In Me

I did not want to loose the momentum of my learning experience at ArtFest so I have been making a really big mess and just a little art. I made a run to all my local thrift stores the and found some fantastic stuff. Threw 20 plastic bags of "stuff" in the garage and ran back to my studio table.

I find it challenging to be a 'thinking-doing' artist. I do art all day at work on the computer as quickly as I can think of it. I have been sitting at my table, trying to do something 'by hand' and it is tough. Wish me luck, I have a few more days of vacation left to get the many lessons I learned to imprint in my brain while I am making my pieces. I thought if I made several more, the knowledge might lodge there somewhere. D is helping me brainstorm about my superman piece. I found this wonderful carved box I am using in another. I added the copper wire curtain to the piece I made in class. And finally another butterfly one. Mostly done now.







10 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like you're having a good time! I love the carved box assemblage even as it is in the picture.

Anonymous said...

Love these, especially the "butterfly." Ruth

Tara's Art Camp said...

Wow, Kim, I'm impressed! You are really moving along on these.

You are a wonderful assemblage artist, Keep it up.

Tara's Art Camp said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
liz elayne lamoreux said...

these are so fantastic my friend. i especially love the one with wings. (yes, yes, yes, i have this thing for wings right now...i want to have my own set most of all)

i love this energy that i am feeling from your blog. now i just want to start creating too!!!!

Annika Sandin said...

They all look great! You really make me inspired, want to go to the thrift shop straight away...

Anonymous said...

Wow...Look at you go! You're so creative, m'dear! Love the assemblages and it looks like you're really getting into it. You go!

Kim Carney said...

Well, I have just started a couple and picked up some great frame scrap yesterday. But then took a hot bath and totally vegged out last night. Today the tulips, need to get back to the garage! Three more days off to get something done. ;)

Pam @ The Blue Between said...

oh! it looks like you are having a great time! I really like the one with wings. Did you leave anything at the thrift stores? LOL I'm so glad art fest was good inspiration for you - your pictures from last week were wonderful wonderful wonderful :)

Kim Carney said...

Thank you Pam, I have been having fun! Left a few things, but you better hustle over there before I go again on Monday ;)