Saturday, November 05, 2005

Winter Dripping In

When the rain comes, winter is back in Seattle. The last few winters have been mild and by spring abnormally dry for this area. My first 11 years here, March was my hardest month. With constant greyness from October until July 4th, by March you want some blue sky. The truth is the rain stops exactly on, not before July 4th. I think we are going to have another rainy season. Not hard rain, just a steady drip from a constant grey sky, wet slick streets, enough dampness that you never spend time styling your hair, do not walk in the backyard very often - mine becomes a swap.

Winter is back!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

you could always come out for a visit to Montana this winter ... get away from the gray and visit our clear, COLD, sunny days... you're officially invited. Just say when.

Kim Carney said...

Yes, I well remember my west Texas days of no rain. Rain was an EVENT. I would climb up on my roof and watch the distant rolling clouds shoot out thunderbolts, sit there and wait for it to reach us. I loved that! And then I would record the thunder so I could listen to it later. Those would good days, and I remember them so well. I can smell it, see it, feel it.