Saturday, November 05, 2005

One Thing Helps

Funny how one small item can change a room. I swapped out a table for a big ottoman in the living room a year ago. The fireplace is there and it just feels a place you want to throw your feet up with a blanket. The ottoman had become a big magazine/book catch-all. I found this little leather magazine box at JoAnn Fabrics the and suddenly the room is not mess anymore!

Magazines

I was thinking about all the little places I have magazines stashed and falling off table around the house. A basket under the desk. Many books and too many magazines in the basement (studio). Can't throw away any cooking magazines, especially Saveur or The Cooks Magazine, we have two book cases full of cookbooks and magazines. And finally, the magazine eye-sore, the place where most magazines make their way, in the family room!







3 comments:

j. vorwaller said...

kim! i love this room. so beautiful and yes, i DO feel like putting my feet up on that ottoman. :) great idea for a "table"

Kerstin Svendsen said...

your house photos always look so homey.

liz elayne lamoreux said...

This room looks so warm. I love a house with lots of books. And I can relate to the books and magazines everywhere. We truly need a bigger house because we need more room for bookshelves.