Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Making Boo

I am packed, hair cut, clothes mended, ready to go. Tonight before I scoot off the bed, I felt like playing. My husband and I are testing out a Dremel carving product for the newspaper. We have lots more to carve, but this was my first. It was easy, fun. It made a mess in so much as little pumpkin particles went flying out in a three ft. radius of the carving action. The secret is cleaning out the pumpkin in the area you are carving is only 1/2 inch thick (or less). After I did that, it turned out very translucent. Can't wait to make more and write up my thoughts.

Making BOO

Boo

3 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

I've always wanted to get a dremel, so much you can do with them.

Anonymous said...

Love this! I own a Dremel, but haven't used it much. I will definitely be trying this out!

Liquid Sky Arts said...

Ooh, I'm stealing my husband's dremel so I can play too! That's an amazing idea, Kim! You need to work for Martha! :)