Monday, July 11, 2005

Mutant Hydrangeas In July

I know you guys have got to be tired of the hydrangea pictures, but I am so astounded how large, how profuse they are this year. Most of the blooms are larger than plates. I am going to start cutting some for bouquets for neighbors, it will help the rest survive the hot summer ahead. Well, the weatherman says it is coming, right now, it is about 55 degrees outside.

July Hydrangeas

And this one is solid blooms. Has never been like this before.

July Hydrangeas

After seeing Kathleen's
flower garden, I want to plant more flowers (again). When I first moved here, I planted every flower you can imagine. But now I think I need a create a spot, dig in some new dirt. Maybe a project for vacation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi KIm,
Those are beautiful. I think all this humid weather and rain has made things grow like crazy. I was down at my bog/pond last night trying to pull out excess and overgrown plants. All the plants are out of control, like a jungle! I've never seen it like this and it creates tons of work for me. UGH!

Kim Carney said...

Tara: Maybe it is the extra humidity.