Monday, July 11, 2005

It's A Small World After All

I have had some wonderful blogging experiences so far. Here is one. Someone googled 'unconventional wedding invitations', found me on flickr, and blog. She emailed me asking if I would be interested in helping her with her wedding invitation. And she lived in Seattle, and worked in my little town of Edmonds, not 5 minutes from where I live. We met, I pushed some pixels around on an existing photo/design that I did not use when my brother got married (they did not like that one). And we did a trade, I got a big box of fresh salmon. What a deal!

Pamela

AND I discovered that
Amy and I lived in the same town in Texas many, many years ago AND she now lives where I went to High School and where my best friend lived. I think that is strange and wonderful.

7 comments:

Cin said...

amazing coincidences ! and you have an amazing talent for design with type ! the invitation is beautiful, what font is that ?

Killjoy said...

I still love it! That's an amazing story and all the reason you should keep on blogging! You're so talented and creative!

P.S. I finally had my invitations framed. When Brian first saw them he was amazed. You see? You're a part of so many lives just on blogger!

Kim Carney said...

Cin - it is Bickham Scipt. Thank you!

Kim Carney said...

Killjoy - Isn't that funny. I never blogged about yours (just in case) but I want to read about it..send me a link!

Kim Carney said...

Charlotte - I will send you a big box when they start drying. I sent my sister in New Mexico a box last year. They are great for making wreaths and the colors are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Kim: I initially thought you were talking to Charlotte about the salmon! Dried salmon...Sure. And that can be shipped. A wreath...? Of dried salmon...? Okay--no! I obviously missed something key when I scanned the comments.

Oh, and the hydrangeas are amazing!

I loved the wedding invitations you showed a while back. It would have been hard to choose.

Kim Carney said...

You know my mind is going, so typing a coherent thought is hard for me most of the time! haha