Thursday, May 05, 2005

A Gift When I Needed It Most

On my drive home after a dismal and disheartening day, a fragrance wafted through my truck window. In a woodsie part of my drive, I found myself sticking my head out the window like one of those dogs with his ears flapping in the wind. It made the end of terrible day seem less terrible, Dog Woods blooming, Viburnum, Rhodies, all come together in a scent sent from God. It was magical.

So then I decided on the end of my dismal day I should do something 'nice' for myself. I stopped of at Great Clips at 8:45p.m. and by 8:59p.m. I had a new do.

BUT, I had no idea what treat was waiting for me on my arrival home. I am not sure how I deserve such a wonderful gift from
Amy of APL Creations, but there it was, a delightfully decorated box from Texas. A hand-made bracelet, two hand-made cards, decorative scissors, several spools of decorative ribbon, Alyce and Chessie doll and cat pattern, the sweetest little paper flower (Amy, did you make the flower!?), MadLib word game and the sweetest wrapped little box that I don't want to open because it so cute! I cried, and told my mom (who was just as overcome as I was) that it is strange and wonderful to get such a gift from someone I hardly know. I can not tell you how you turned my very bad day into a very special day. Thank you. (Now I have a project to sew!)









4 comments:

Liquid Sky Arts said...

What a wonderful box of treats!
I love that cuff you're modeling...& did you play with the mad libs yet?!!

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

Lovely lovely gift idea. What are you going to make?

http://www.designerm.com/blog.html

"Maggie & Kevin" said...

P.S. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY KIM!!!!!

HUGS and GOD BLESS,

Maggie

Amy said...

Well, that box couldn't have arrived on a better day! I did make the flower. I meant to put some of those red glass balls in with the package but got sidetracked...next time.