Monday, February 14, 2005

Northwest Flower and Garden Show

It is fun to be inspired in gardening ideas, even on a snowy February day, like today. Yesterday the family made the annual trek to the the Northwest Flower and Garden Show. I found the displays to be lackluster and less whimsy this year. Still fun, collected a few good ideas and manage to buy a bunch of birthday gifts that I have needed for this month.

The most inspired entry was a round hot house of recycled material. The exterior of colorful windows that opened from the bottom, to tip out and expose the interior plant boxes to the sun. This was such a cool, innovative idea.

Round Hot House



There were several minature gardens which reminded me of
Kathleen's magical minature "Alice in Wonderland" garden.







Mini Gardens

The Thai Spirit House surrounded with pattern of grasses. Orchids, exotic seeds and stripped coconuts laid out in wonderful patterns as offerings for peace.

Thai Spirit House

Thai Spirit House

Thai Spirit House

Zen garden, and more photos on Flicker.

Japanese Zen Garden

Japanese Zen Garden

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kim, thanks for all the pictures! I think my favorite is the round house with the windows but I really love them all. What inspiration! It sounds like a wonderful way to spend a day :)

Liquid Sky Arts said...

Ooh, this is so wonderful! I wish I lived further North, so I could of seen this with you. :)

I love how they actually used mortar for the tiny bricks in the mini garden. I was just asked to create a portable miniature garden for a "women's show" (whatever that is!?)...this gave me a few fresh ideas. Thanks so much for sharing these inspiring photos!