Sunday, February 06, 2005

Music Tag

Cassi tagged me. I am not very good about listening to music in the car, just keep the news station on. But here we go, I am going to try and answer the questions.
1. The total amount of music files I found on your computer: 423 items -- not sure if those are folders or songs, 4.16G in iTunes Music folder. These are mainly my husband and sons files. I think I blogged at Christmas about how I had lost all of their iTunes playlist by moving a random folder, and have not gotten it back. Did not make me very popular around the house.
2. The last CD I bought was on an online purchase. Yet another of my many, many -- Vivaldi The Four Seasons, Christopher Warren-Green & London Chamber Orchestra
3. What is the song I listened to before reading this message? I have not really listen to any music since Christmas.
4. 5 songs I listen to that mean something to me.
1. Lakme: Flower Duet. I could listen to this once a day for the rest of my life! Go downpage on link to listen to a sample. The first time I heard this duet, I was in love! I am sure it was in a movie, I hunted down the cassette tape, and made everyone I knew and loved come to my car and listen to this piece. Well, they thought I was mad. SO, my husband purchased tickets to Lakme, Seattle Opera a couple of years ago. I knew the music and story by heart, and the experience was even more enjoyable for it. But, here was the interesting bit. The minute the music struck up, I began to cry. I was overwhelmed with joy, the opera I had listened to for years was filling the auditorium, I could fill the music in my chest. silently wept with joy through the entire production.
2. Anything from Vivaldi Four Seasons. I don't know what happens to me when I listen to Four Seasons, but I get into a little violin trance, and can actually feel, and see myself playing, and I don't play the violin!
3. Marvin Gay -- Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology). My son knows that when this song comes on, that everyone has to be quiet so that I can sing along really loud.
4. Earth, Wind and Fire, -- That's The Way of the World album: Thats the Way of The World, Shining Star, See The Light, Can't Hide Love. Earth, Wind and Fire takes me way back. I can listen to their music and I smile and sing the whole time.
5. Louis Armstrong -- "What a Wonderful World"
6. And because I have so many more than 5! From 5th Element movie, the Aria from Lucia De Lammermoor performed by Inva Mulla Tchako (or the Big Blue Alien Diva -- Looks like someone else got addicted to that scene, found this Diva Suite dedicated to her online), and following song, The Diva Dance. When I saw that movie, I was stunned by those two songs and immediately starting to track down the opera and the aria.

No comments: