Friday, December 17, 2004

Bringing Some Green Indoors

In December I like to plant pots of grass to add green around the house. Grey and rainy outside, it is nice to have some green inside. Once grown, trim it and experience the smell of summer for a minute or two. I start many pots and use them or not. You could pot up something for your favorite cat. I have lots of peppermint, mint in my yard but don't have much luck growing it inside. I love the idea of growing a cup of tea indoors. This year I planted some abundant ground cover Baby Tears in vintage glass battery containers. A layer of potting soil, then plopped in the ground cover. It is doing very well. I have moved a ton of that ground cover in my yard from where it does not belong, to somewhere I would like it to grow. You have to be a planner to enjoy forced "Paperwhite Narcissus" bulbs at Christmas. This year, I forgot. This is what I need to get me organized for the holidays. As hard as I try, as much as I want to be organized, I always feel like a deer caught in the headlights by December 24th.



No comments: